I write for all five of the UK's high street family history magazines:
* Family History Monthly (I'm listed on the 'Meet The Team' panel)
* Family Tree
* Who Do You Think You Are
* Your Family History (I'm listed on the 'Meet The Expert' panel)
* Your Family Tree
I was previously on the editorial board of Ancestors between 2005-2009 (until its closure by The National Archives), and I also wrote for Practical Family History (which ceased publication in 2010).
I've also written on DNA within a major supplement on family history for BBC History in 2005 and in a lengthy article for Ancestry.com's glossy bookezine Discover Your Ancestors co-published with DMG Publishing in 2011.
My current writing interests are:
* DNA test applications devised by genealogists, their findings, post-Ice Age 'deep ancestry' & human pre-history.
* Surname reconstruction: methods, results from projects & relation to other historical research.
* The distribution of surnames across England: which ones are where and why.
* Online data resources for genealogists, including digitisation programmes and plans.
* Online services useful for genealogists.
* Online teaching & FH courses.
* The accuracy of large-scale transcription projects & online search strategies.
Your can read most of my family history-related work of the past half decade on this website:
* FH magazine articles are listed below (with major articles emphasised in bold)
* pieces in family history society publications, click here,
* authorised reprints of articles and blog pieces, click here